Friday, March 10, 2006

Adventure! Excitement! Ulcers!

Monday 2/27/2006 cont.

As we slow down on Hwy. 2 to go through Toledo, Donnie suddenly pulls over ahead of me into an abandoned lot. I pull up next to him and he has ‘The Serious Look.’

“What?”

“I had a hard time shifting into first. When we pulled up to that light, I really had to jam it.”

“What does that mean?” I ask.

“Well, it did that right before I had to have the transmission replaced about two years ago.”

Oh.

Okay.

Mind races into List Mode:

  1. We could abandon the truck, load as much stuff into my car as possible, store the rest in a mini-storage (problem - who would come and get it? We are still 95% from our destination.)
  2. Call Progressive Roadside Assistance (our car insurance) and get a tow to a repair shop to get checked out. Possibly get a hotel and wait for truck to get fixed.
  3. Limp along - see how far we get.

Donnie drives a few circles in the lot and says it’s working again, so we choose #3.

Not that it would end up making that much difference in the long run.

No comments: