Thursday, December 03, 2009

Christmas Lights!

I am sorry for my absence. Hopefully I can relate all that has kept me from the keys, but to start with, lets just say, bought a house, eloped to "Rich and Diane's Clambake and Wedding Emporium," rolled my car in a ditch, ran out of gas, and had to pay nearly a C note to get the cat's tooth fixed.

But that's all behind me now, and so - on to Christmas!!!

Someday I will do something like this.






Carson Williams, the guy who did the first video, seems to have started the trend of this type of LED display on personally owned property. He is from Mason Ohio. His first house video was actually used in a beer commercial.

The rest of the country has to realize that winter and the dark time of the year really brings out the most primal creativity in people in the Midwest. A lot of times, I don't think we have a lot of direction, so we end up with crazy displays that not a lot of people will see or grottoes built in the middle of nowhere (or the House on the Rock). But don't underestimate the power of a few committed obsessive individuals with unique visions of the world. We're what keep the rest of you inspired.

No comments: