Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 30

Winding up my eat local challenge-ending a bit on a weak note but will write more on that in a bit...

Breakfast - Rise and Shine muffin from Whistle Stop
Lunch - Nick's lunch special (see last post)

One thing I didn't talk about in my post about Madison was the Willy St. Coop. I made my final stop and final shop of the challenge there. You'll note some non-WI items creeping back in, such as the romaine lettuce. I really missed lettuce. I am still working through the final quarter head of the gigantic cabbage I bought at the start of the challenge!
























Dinner - Tacos

Okay -- I was really proud of this, but I was very hungry and didn't get any pics of the finished product.

So what this is, is a pound of Black Earth Meat's ground beef, chopped sweet onion, chopped green and jalapeno pepper, chopped tomato. I served the meat in El Rey tortillas, topped with Sugar River yogurt, the aformentioned cabbage, and cheddar and Monterrey jack Arena cheeses.

It was very spicy!

No comments: