Sunday, January 13, 2019

Well, back to the blog.

Social media has not filled the void of being able to get my work and thoughts out of my head and into the world very well, so I'm back to this blog. Because I'm too passive to continually engage, all alerts are turned off on my phone, and because I'm paranoid about the fairies using my real name, I also mainly keep my identity to myself. Plus, no matter what platform I end up using - Instagram for pictures, Twitter for politics  - I mainly get the echo chamber of individuals I already know. Facebook came the closest, with a mix of words and images: with the ability to post links and connect thoughts, but it had become less of that in recent times and more of a relay through bad memes, unchecked articles, and a mire of sad copyright and privacy confusion. I predict it will end up an event app and business card site.
Instead I choose sitting alone on my blog.
 

No comments: