Saturday, February 16, 2019

Preparing for Japan - lesson 1

Here is some stuff I have learned so far, in no particular order:

1. The household power outlets in Japan are close-to, but not exactly the same as, power in the USA. After some research, and reading a comment on I believe TripAdvisor where someone said they have never had any problems except for hair dryers and curling irons (neither of which I am traveling with), I have decided I will be OK. The only things we will be bringing to charge would be two-prong (non grounded) plugs like for cellular phones, so I am not going to worry about it.

2. Money belt, fanny pack, small purse, etc. - general luggage. A short time ago, I purchased a three piece luggage set since I'd been using the same luggage from Target since I became a "grown up", and after taking the backpack and the rolly-bag for a few spins around the country, I decided it was best to leave the biggie at home and just go with those two, along with a small purse to carry around when I get there. The rolly-bag in fact is pretty large for a roller - close to 24" with the wheels vs. 22" which is standard for airlines to allow as carry on. I haven't had much of a problem up until now, so I think I'm going to hope for the best.  


I have a small purse, but it's mostly brown, and I'm planning to go with a mostly black color scheme, so I'm hoping to get two that I ordered online delivered before I leave. We'll see.


No comments: