Sunday, March 10, 2019

Oh sure why not? Packing list.

I am packed already. There are a number of things I still need to get, but for the most part I'm all set. Here is a run down:

Backpack -
- Microsoft Surface Pro3
- Charger
- Magic envelope with itinerary
- International Driving Permit
-  20000 yen
- Phrase book
- 2 magazines (Bon Appetite & Country Living) that I already subscribe to but am saving
- Steno pad + Uni-ball Vision Elite pen 
- Tiny umbrella (like, not a cocktail umbrella but small!)
- Inflatable neck pillow for plane
- Hairbrush
- Makeup kit (Mary Kay foundation, brown and black eye shadow, mascara, eyelash curler, lip gloss and stick, blush and brush, tattoo concealer)
- Some medication and vitamins
- Bandaids
- Quart liquid bag (serum, SPF moisturizer, hairspray, toothpaste, eyeglass cleaner)
- Hair tie bag (plus tweezers, mirror, bobby pins, and earplugs for sleeping)
- Toothbrush
- Cell charger
- Fitbit charger
- Snacks
- Collapsible duffel bag (to bring back souvenirs)
- Water bottle, travel mug  

Rolly bag -
Only clothes. I laid out for each day, theming the first part of my trip around baseball and the color blue, the mid-part on the fact that I'll be in the snow, and the final portion with red and the sakura. I'm bringing 3 pairs of shoes - black, red and some grey walking shoes.

Both of our hotels have onsens (not swimming pools) so I am not packing any swim suits or goggles etc.

Small handbag -
- headphones
- chapstick
- a pen
- business card holder with credit cards and driver's license
- calling cards
- passport
- cellphone
 
I'll do a separate post of the apps I have on my phone, and possibly the apps I have used (along with some books) to at least partially learn Japanese.

No comments: