Wednesday, February 15, 2006

To make the merry-go-round go faster, so that everyone needs to hang on tight, just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

Yup.
That's how it feels right now. Thrilling, yet vomit-inducing.
I am moving from Cleveland, Ohio to Portland, Oregon.
I have answered the question “why?” so many times, I feel like an answering machine message:

“Sarah and Donnie are not available at the moment, as they are moving 2,000 miles away. Sarah is currently searching for a job and a place to live, and Donnie is relocating to another branch of his current place of employment. Please leave your comments, gasps, head shakes, knowing nods and blank stares after the beep.”

But in truth, there is no concrete reason.
In fact, there are probably more reasons to stay.
The one huge insubstantial reason, though, the one that’s wearing a hole in the roof of my mouth like an exceptionally large too-sweet Tootsie-pop, is that I can.

And there are a lot of people that can’t.

I guess I finally understand climbing a mountain because it’s there.

No comments: