Friday, May 15, 2009

Stuff I Can't Stand


I really try to keep my most seething hatreds in check. Most of them reflect badly on me, and I am very cautious not to burn bridges as a lot of times I end up being the one in the wrong.

But I have to start a list. Just to vent. I won't say much more than these are things I hate.

- the word GASTROSEXTUAL. "Metrosextual" was a confusing enough term (does it mean gay? Does it mean any guy that takes care of his looks? Can it apply to guys who don't live in Metro areas?) And gastro is a word that in most recent memory was attached to "gastric bypass surgery" which shrinks a person's stomach to hold approximately one half cup of food. Not the most beautiful word (it also reminds me of the guy from Monty Python's Meaning of Life who ate macaroni until he exploded.)

No comments: