I am really starting to feel the pull towards salt and fat recently.
Breakfast: Toast with peanut butter and jam
Lunch: Leftover Pizza
Dinner: Stuffed peppers (with other roasted veggies topped with remaining stuffing mix - summer squash and eggplant - because I didn't have enough peppers.)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup water
- 6 green bell peppers
- 2 c. tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- Bunch of shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown bread crumbs in oven. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef with onion until evenly browned.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, toasted bread crumbs. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Pour 1/2 tomato sauce into peppers. Pour remaining sauce over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 45 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender. At 45 minutes, top with shredded cheese and bake 15 more minutes.